Monday, December 6, 2010

Silver Lake Log Cabin Duplex. Fresh!


Everyone expects houses in Silver Lake, CA to be either post-and beam Neutra inspired modern or vintage Hollywood Spanish with a couple of hipster Craftsmans peppered in. I found this Big Bear style log cabin duplex on the MLS and I loved the originality and the low asking price (799k), evidently because of that originality. It would seem the real estate market at large does not value originality as much as I would like. It's a 2+2 duplex on each side and is much newer than the typical 80 year old Silver Lake house. Being in the hills of Silver Lake, naturally this property has a fantastic view. I bet you could get about $1800 rent for one duplex side. That's more than half of your $3400 mortgage payment. These kind of deals appeal to me, income is nice. To see inside this property contact me, Sky Minor at 310-709-8283 or at Realestatesilverlake.com.



No comments: